Anger Management Courses- Glen Waverley & Lynbrook
-Ring Mariane - 0423 364 618, anytime.
-Ring Robert - 0408 579 312, anytime.
- On on one Anger Courses available immediately, with approved Court Certificate. Over 1,220 clients have been counselled since the private practice started in 2010, with over 650 letters written to the courts on behalf of clients.
- Cost$396 for 4 X one hour sessions, normally held one per week, anytime between 9.00am and 9.00pm, Saturday 9.00am-12.00noon.
Why the Anger Management Course will get you unstuck.
June 2018: From a client who suffered through 4 major traumas
"Thank you so much. Your course has been extremely helpful and insightful for me. It has taught me a lot about how I ended up where I was but most importantly it has given me some information on how to heal, forgive and move forward in a more positive & humbly manner."
May 2018: From a Barrister & Solicitor
"I have been handed an acknowledgement and report that you prepared for a mutual client. I was impressed by the comments made to me by our client and equally impressed on reading your brief summation of your anger manager program. Please send some business cards for future client distribution."
November 2017: unsolicited reference:
Hi Robert, I did your anger management course about in 2015. An update, it has saved my marriage and my family and my life. I use your system every day, for stress, for focusing my mind and improving my memory. I am able to deal with stress now. And rarely get heightened anger. Thank you very much. I am extremely grateful. Trevor.
- Immediate results. You will notice a reduction in anger after the first week.
- 80% Success Rate: Clients report a significant reduction in anger after 4 sessions.
- Self-awareness: Not only is anger reduced but self awareness is increased significantly. Every client is given a questionnaire which measures 12 negative traits. The answers are presented to give new insight into their behaviour.
- Ongoing improvement: The techniques taught enable you to change other bad habits that you may have or deal more effectively with negative feelings in the future.
- Short program: This program runs for only 4 one hourly sessions. It has a high level of teaching using new techniques based on the latest findings in neuroscience. It is based on creating new habits, not trying to fix old habits.
- No work books: You don’t have to keep records of your bad behaviour, your triggers or your responses. The program focus is on thoughts and principles not behaviour.
- New techniques: This method of anger management is original. No other course globally uses the tools that are provided in this course.
- Letter for the Courts: A letter is provided for the Family Court, the Criminal Court or an Employer at the end of the 4 sessions or during the course if required. All letters have been accepted by the courts since the course started over seven years ago.
- Flexible appointments: Day evening and weekend sessions are available now.
MBCG [below] and different from Anger Management Courses. Most courts will state either a MBCG or an AMCourse.
LIST OF MEN'S BEHAVIOUR CHANGE GROUPS IN VICTORIA - APRIL 2018
|Anglicare||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9735 4188||Bayswater, Box Hill, Lilydale|
|Bethany Community Support Inc.||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5278 8122||Hamlyn Heights|
|Brophy Family Services||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5561 8888||Warnambool|
|Centre for Non Violence||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5430 3000||Bendigo|
|Child And Family Service Ballarat||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5337 3333||Ballarat|
|Dardi Munwurro||Strong Spirit Men’s Behaviour and Healing Program||1800 435 799||Mernda|
|Djerriwarrh Health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9361 9371||Melton|
|Family Life||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||8599 5433||Sandringham, Frankston|
|Gateway health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5723 2000||Wangaratta|
|Gippsland Lakes Community Health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5152 0052||Bairnsdale|
|Grampians Community health Service||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5362 1200||Horsham, Stawell|
|Koori Men’s Behaviour Change Program||CHOICES (MBCP)||5136 5400||La Trobe Valley|
|Latrobe Community Health Service||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||1800 242 696||Morwell, Sale, Warragul|
|Lifeworks||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||8650 6200||Frankston, Hoppers Crossing, Melbourne|
|Link Health and Community Service||Men’s Responsibility Group (MBCP)||1300 552 509||Clayton|
|Nexus Primary health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5784 5555||Broadford|
|Peninsula Health Community Health Service||The M.E.N.S. (Men Exploring Non-violent Solutions) Program (MBCP)||1300 665 781||Frankston, Mornington, Rosebud|
|Plenty Valley Community Health Service||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9409 8724||Epping|
|Relationships Australia VIC||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9644 1800||Boronia, Cranbourne, Kew, Shepparton, Sunshine|
|Relationships Australia VIC – Vietnamese Men’s Behaviour Change Program||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||8311 9222||Sunshine|
|SalvoCare Eastern||Men’s Behaviour Change Program
|5662 6400||Wonthaggi, Leongatha|
|Star Health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9525 1300||Moorabbin, South Melbourne, St Kilda|
|Sunbury Community Health||Men’s Business (MBCP)||9744 4455||Sunbury|
|Sunraysia Community Health||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||5022 5444||Mildura, Swan Hill|
|Uniting Kildonan||Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9457 0500||Epping, Heidelberg, Resevoir|
|Uniting Kildonan – Arabic Speaking Men’s Family Violence Group
|Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9457 0500||Broadmeadows, Epping|
|Uniting Kildonan – South Asian Men’s Behaviour Change Program
|Men’s Behaviour Change Program||9457 0500||Heidelberg|
|Victorian AIDS Council||Revisioning (MBCP)||9865 6700||South Yarra|
Please note, the Victorian programs listed above meet the Victorian Minimum Standards. Information about the new Minimum Standards can be found here.
Features of Cognitive Principle Therapy
- Uses “The Stop, Find, method [TM]” a unique method specifically developed for this program. It takes between 15 and 284 days to change a bad habit, but only 2-14 days to create a new habit, which will replace the old habit.
- Uses the “Cognitive Principle Matrix [TM]” another unique tool which is based on the seven truths identified in all bad habits, including anger.
- Teaches how and when to use the predictive mind and the comparative mind to substantially overcome negative situations
- This is a psycho-educational therapy with a high degree of teaching of how to change by creating new habits which is significantly faster than changing old habits.
- Gives constant feedback in the form of advice on what’s wrong and how to change, without specifically telling you what to do.
- Explains the anger cycle using CPT which emphasizes reducing negative thinking about being respected while increasing respect within.
Cycle of Anger that keeps you stuck.
- Activating event [the trigger]
- Underlying lack of control [based on lack of respect]
- Lack of control [feels inadequate]
- Tries to force control by arguing [to force respect]
- Feels frustrated [no respect felt]
- Feels angry [no respect felt]
- Becomes abusive [tries to force respect]
With explosive anger the person normally has an impulsive personality and has learned the habit of by passing all the steps and goes straight to abuse.
One characteristic of an impulsive person is that they quickly return to normal and expect the person who is receiving the abuse to also get over it quickly.
An Additional technique is used to help those with impulsivity and explosive anger.
Teaching component in CPT relates to the following five areas:
- Learning how to create a new habit (sub-conscious) which overcomes anger.
- Ensuring that the client acts responsibly and does not try to exercise control without responsibility.
- Ensuring the client concentrates on their area of influence not their area of concern.
- Learning the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness.
- Teaching how principles (trust, courage, respect, self-control, etc) develop character and lead to positive outcomes.
CASE STUDY: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BY 40+ YEAR OLD FEMALE
Last month I received a call from a woman, “Jenny” stating that she wasn’t accepted into an anger management course, but she was not told why. I offered her my 4 session anger management course.
Six months ago she had her 15 year old son removed from her care due to a domestic violence incident against him. She was very aggressive in her attitude towards the Department of Human Services [DHS] for removing her son. The woman “Jenny” had long history of both receiving and giving abuse. She was taken away from her own mother by DHS at aged 13 and placed in foster care for twelve months where she sexually abused during that year. She was then placed with a relative who also sexually abused her. She had a long history or being a bully at school and being involved in physical disputes up to the age of 35. At our first session she was anxious that her son was in residential care and he was not been properly cared for and DHS were not answering her questions.
My anger management course is very directive and mainly psycho-educational, teaching the following:
1. Learning how to create new habits (sub-conscious) which overcomes bad habits.
2. Ensuring that the client acts responsibly and does not try to exercise control without responsibility.
3. Ensuring the client concentrates on their area of influence not their area of concern.
4. Learning the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness.
5. Teaching how principles (trust, courage, respect, self-control, etc) develop character and lead to positive outcomes.
Jenny responded very positively to the teachings and it was like she had never been taught these basic things before. She also did her homework and practiced the three techniques I taught her to reduce her anger.
Today I received a letter from her Specialist Family Violence Support worker who stated,
“ Thank you Robert. This is the first time that “Jenny” has shown commitment and finished something. I think she may have responded to the information you have provided her, as during most of my interaction with her at the moment, she is quoting something you have told her.”
Anger Management Specialist Counsellor
“I completed the new 4 week anger management program. My anger level fell from a level 8 [out of 10] to a level 3 by the end of the fourth session and I feel confident that I can maintain this reduced level. I’m now undergoing couples counselling with my wife.”
Father with three children, separated from his wife for three months.
"Hey, Robert. received the letter. Thanks a million mate. Techniques I can hopefully take with me for life!"
Thirty two year old with anger issues.