Anger Management Courses
-Ring Robert mob 0408 579 312, anytime.
- On on one Anger Courses available immediately, with approved Court Certificate-Glen Waverley.
- Cost$396 for 4 X one hour sessions, normally held one per week, anytime between 9.00am and 9.00pm, Saturday 9.00am-12.00noon.
Why the Anger Management Course will get you unstuck.
- Immediate results. You will notice a reduction in anger after the first week.
- 80% Success Rate: Clients report a significant reduction in anger after 4 sessions.
- Self-awareness: Not only is anger reduced but self awareness is increased significantly. Every client is given a questionnaire which measures 12 negative traits. The answers are presented to give new insight into their behaviour.
- Ongoing improvement: The techniques taught enable you to change other bad habits that you may have or deal more effectively with negative feelings in the future.
- Short program: This program runs for only 4 one hourly sessions. It has a high level of teaching using new techniques based on the latest findings in neuroscience. It is based on creating new habits, not trying to fix old habits.
- No work books: You don’t have to keep records of your bad behaviour, your triggers or your responses. The program focus is on thoughts and principles not behaviour.
- New techniques: This method of anger management is original. No other course globally uses the tools that are provided in this course.
- Letter for the Courts: A letter is provided for the Family Court, the Criminal Court or an Employer at the end of the 4 sessions or during the course if required. All letters have been accepted by the courts since the course started over six years ago.
- Flexible appointments: Day evening and weekend sessions are available now.
Waverley Emergency Adolescent Care Inc. Annual Report 2013-2014. [Extract]TANDANA PLACE TEAM LEADER REPORT "2014 has been a very successful year at Tandana. Anger Management has been a welcome addition to the weekly schedule. Robert McInnes (a specialist in his field) has provided our young people with valuable life skills and methods to manage their anger in a positive way". Nick Collins, Team Leader
Features of Cognitive Principle Therapy
- Uses “The Stop, Find, method [TM]” a unique method specifically developed for this program. It takes between 15 and 250 days to change a bad habit, but only 2-14 days to create a new habit, which will replace the old habit.
- Uses the “Cognitive Principle Matrix [TM]” another unique tool which is based on the seven truths identified in all bad habits, including anger.
- Teaches how and when to use the predictive mind and the comparative mind to substantially overcome negative situations
- This is a psycho-educational therapy with a high degree of teaching of how to change by creating new habits which is significantly faster than changing old habits.
- Gives constant feedback in the form of advice on what’s wrong and how to change, without specifically telling you what to do.
- Explains the anger cycle using CPT which emphasizes reducing negative thinking about being respected while increasing respect within.
Cycle of Anger that keeps you stuck.
- Activating event [the trigger]
- Underlying lack of control [based on lack of respect]
- Lack of control [feels inadequate]
- Tries to force control by arguing [to force respect]
- Feels frustrated [no respect felt]
- Feels angry [no respect felt]
- Becomes abusive [tries to force respect]
With explosive anger the person normally has an impulsive personality and has learned the habit of by passing all the steps and goes straight to abuse.
One characteristic of an impulsive person is that they quickly return to normal and expect the person who is receiving the abuse to also get over it quickly.
An Additional technique is used to help those with impulsivity and explosive anger.
Teaching component in CPT relates to the following five areas:
- Learning how to create a new habit (sub-conscious) which overcomes anger.
- Ensuring that the client acts responsibly and does not try to exercise control without responsibility.
- Ensuring the client concentrates on their area of influence not their area of concern.
- Learning the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness.
- Teaching how principles (trust, courage, respect, self-control, etc) develop character and lead to positive outcomes.
Anger Management Specialist Counsellor[/span9]
“I completed the new 4 week anger management program. My anger level fell from a level 8 [out of 10] to a level 3 by the end of the fourth session and I feel confident that I can maintain this reduced level. I’m now undergoing couples counselling with my wife.”
Father with three children, separated from his wife for three months.
"Hey, Robert. received the letter. Thanks a million mate. Techniques I can hopefully take with me for life!"
Thirty two year old with anger issues.