|New Online Anger Course with Court approved certificate for $298
Since my private practice started in 2010 I have counselled over 1100 clients with anger issues and issued over 500 letters to the courts on behalf of clients.
Both the Online Anger Management Course and the Polyvagal Course are new in 2018.
My goal in anger management is to get you unstuck by following the two golden rules:
First golden rule: When it is positive it is personal, that is it is given personally and received personally. However, when it is negative it is behavioral. It is about the problem not the person, otherwise anger can arise.
Result: There is no judgement in Cognitive Principle Therapy
Second Golden rule: When negative thinking goes up, then principles go down.When principles go up, negative thinking goes down.
Eg. When you angry and abuse me, I think negatively about you and my respect for you goes down.
Result: We give trust, respect , acceptance and commitment to every client.
The Predictive Brain and the Comparative Brain
The Cognitive Principle Matrix uses the brains predictive system to create change, rather than trying to solve problems using the brains comparative system. In June, 2015 Professor Lisa Feldman Barrett at Northern University proved that the predictive system is activated before the comparative system of the brain. The paradox of "How do I achieve my goal?" is by "Not knowing the How".
The Cognitive Principle Matrix explains, provides tools and applications relating to the following elements:
- The 4 basic emotions in life and their purpose applied to life’s boundaries.
- Rules, boundaries and consequences are formed around four relationship principles and four influencing principles.
- Understand what life balance means related to the 4 basic emotions and why seeking a work/life balance is not effective.
- The 7 levels of awareness relating to Maslow's 7 levels of needs
- The 3 levels of control in your life related to Maslow's hierarchy
- Spiritual principles are used to transcend your human nature.
- The 7 main spiritual principles which enable you to rise through Maslow’s 7 levels of needs.
- Your predictive system and comparative system work and how to use those to rise to Maslow’s highest level of transcendence or self-actualisation.
- Understanding how dysfunction [negative and personal] arises and how it keeps you at Maslow’s two lowest levels and prevents optimum flow.
- Understanding the 7 stages of attachment/detachment and how to use those to develop awareness and improve relationships.
- Understanding how the conscious and subconscious mind creates negative [bad] habits.
- Change bad habits by not working on them, but by creating good habits and attaching those to the bad habit.
- Stop using logic and positive thinking to change a bad habit.
- Integrate IQ, EQ & SQ and move into optimum performance.
- When to change from having a goal to having hope.
Counselling uses all of the above elements to treat anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, addictions and relationship issues.